Sunday 23 September 2012

Halloween is upon us... Be afraid.

Halloween used to be one of my favorite times of the year, but college parties and other events that require fancy dress scare me. I panic and end up going as someone or something I instantly regret the minute I need to walk out the door...
Some previous costumes of mine included fairy, (and why not you can just buy wings in the value shops for 2 euros, lame nevertheless) nurse, (also one of other easier options, this was one of creepier twists with blood. At the end of the day there is nothing like fake blood on Halloween.) there was an angels costume somewhere in there too.. Then I just started skipping Halloween altogether, when last year we threw a huge Halloween party in our house and I couldn't not dress up.. Hours were spent online looking at costume ideas from corpse bride to the classic witch. Nothing. Then I had an epiphany, why not just do face make up. There are soooo many great tutorials online to prepare you for this scary holiday!
I wouldn't go mad into these imposible tutorials if it is your first time doing this sort of costume...

http://www.youtube.com/user/petrilude

This guy is a genius! I have used more then one tutorial of his and hes great! He has simple tutorials as well as more complex ones... Pretty sure he is a drag queen, but hottest drag queen I have ever seen.
This is a great example of a simple enough tutorial for a last minute costume, just match it with some ears, messy hair and a tight black dress! You cant go wrong with going as a sexy Leopard after all "Halloween is one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it." ( Some Mean Girls wisdom)


This tutorial took me around and hour to do... Including finding and preparing all my make up, he uses mostly eyeshadows and dark foundation for contouring and definition. Here is how mine turned out on the first try:


Clearly not as pro as his but I thought it was brilliant for my first time :) I didn't end up going as a Leopard though and ended up doing this tutorial on a friend who was stuck for a costume. I ruined further and found another tutorial that year from the same guy Petrilude.. This is a more complex tutorial that is very time consuming.


This is probably the coolest thing I manage to actually get right from these online make up tutorials. Took me forever, I ended up doing the same outfit for two nights. The first time I did it, it literally took me 2 and a half hours! So worth it though.. I needed to buy white make up and black make up, hard to find as they go quickly in all the shops, better of buying early if your gonna try it for this year... The rest is just the make up you probably already own; pencils, foundation, eyeshadows and your brushes. Oh and some fake blood of course :)

The outfit over all was just a white dress, (one of them skater dresses) hight heels and I had my hair backcombed into a semi beehive with a side fringe.. If you are gonna do this tutorial make sure your hair is out of the way of the blood on one side of the face as it can get messy. The other half of my face I just had normal make up, I even managed to put on a fake eyelash on one eye! Here is was it turned out like...


This year the aim is to accomplish the Lady Gaga full face scull look, with the pink hair... That would be an epic Halloween costume this year!


E. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment